Thursday, April 28, 2011

A really good friend wrote and asked me how I really am doing. That's an interesting question.


How am I doing? That's a real interesting story. By nature I am upbeat, positive, try to take things moment by moment. It works for me. Well, usually. Then I have a momentary collapse. I cry a bit, freak out about trying to be organized, trying to figure out what to do next. I experience a near death bout of anxiety, whoosh, it's over. I sleep. I sleep some more. I wake up and I find my way back to that moment by moment thing.


sleeping on a cliff
Sleep is a major factor for me. Wow. Do I ever need sleep. Sleep is a great drug, too. Man, I can avoid things for a long time in sleep. That's some serious good stuff.


I am uncertain about the future. Like, I don't know what to look for in a job. Do I need flexibility so I can be available to be there for Bill. Bill has his wit. He has lost most inhibition (not that a lot ever intimidated him, lol), and you have to go with the flo. We choose to laugh. Alot. And we're also pretty excited to have some time together. Bill has lost that drive for workahaulism. He calls it his wake up call. It's the little things we notice notice. Bill can still carry a very intellectual talk with us. He may stray off topic once in awhile, but he still does great. He has a perceptual problem. His brain is not processing visual, verbal, and hearing. When one or more processess get in trouble and start shooting off off topic neurons, the processes get tangled. So you see, we've had a little kick in the butt, and we can look at it as awful, omg, drama to the hilt or we can look at this as an opportunity for early retirement and some serious frequent travels. Gosh, I haven't been on a beach with water warm enough for this midwesterner to swim in in I am counting five years. I hear the beaches of Florida calling. Maybe Mexico?

So, thanks for asking, Dave. I really am doing good. Bill and I and Jack, we've got some sight seeing to do (we love to play site seers, lots of packing to do (ouch). We're hoping to connect and reconnect with our friends as often as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment